Here & there
Links to writing, conversations, etc. here and elsewehere.
- Jacob Lawrence, Peering Through History’s Cracks a re-examination of "Jacob lawrence: The American Struggle" at the Metropolitan Museum for the New York Times.
- The Enduring Spark: The Work and Legacy of The Gordon Parks Foundation: Essay on the life of Gordon Parks and the work of the Gordon Parks Foundation for The Brooklyn Rail.
- I contributed Images of Absence, Images of Negotiation, Images of Violence, and Images of Power as part of yearlong essays on visual culture and politics to Politics of Home.
- I have been writing 100 notes to a Faraway Lover here.
- In Between Space and Time a review of ruby amanze onyinyechi and Wura Natasha Ogunji's collaboration at the Fridman Gallery for The Sole Adventurer.
- The Hour of Exposure for Degree Critical.
- Speaking Bodies a catalog essay for Dandelion Eghosa's exhibition, Unspoken Rudiments at Rele Gallery [PDF].
- Photography, Caravaggio & The Musicians for Degree Critical.
- The Trans-Nigerian Dilemma an essay towards Re-Imaging Futures: A Trans-Nigerian Conversation an exhibition in Lagos [PDF].
- Coming Out of Black a profile on Sejiroh Avoseh for the catalog of his exhibition When We Are Not What We Are at Rele Gallery [PDF].
- Until 2017, I kept a blog on this site.
- Poets Talk: 5 Questions with Yinka Elujoba In conversation with the poet, Kechi Nomu for Shamsrumi.
- A Decolonial Option: On the forthcoming Lagos—Maputo 2018 Road-trip in conversation with Emeka Okereke on the Invisible Borders Lagos-Maputo 2018 roadtrip.
- As a writer traveling with other artists, I wrote short, meditative essays during the 2016 and 2017 Invisible Borders roadtrips.
- HIKIMA – a letter from Zaria in response to the great Yusef Lateef's time in Nigeria, for Chimurenga.
- Dividing Line on Viennese Action Painters and Jelili Atiku. Written after a short time in Salzburg [PDF].
- Jazz On A Tram a critical response to Fiston Mwanza Mujila's book, Tram 83. Published in a special issue of Saraba [PDF].
- “In History to My Barest Marrows” in conversation with Emmanuel Iduma following the release of his book, The Sound of Things to Come.
- Little People Fiction in Klorofyl Mag from 2015.
- Two essays on Poetry in Saraba: The Speaking Poet (2016) and The Poetry of Places (2015).
10:16am on 19, September 2020